Sunday, March 30, 2014

We are together | Slice 30:31

The sun is shining
through the creamy sheers
that dress the bank of windows
on the east wall of the family room
I choose to sit
in front of them
feeling each ray's warmth
melting into a hazelnut leather armchair
that angles toward its better half
which cushions my better half as we
relax
and 
talk
and
explore summer vacations
while I write for you
you sit with us here
in this peaceful space
on this quiet morning
your feet crossed in an X 
atop the rectangular pincushion of an ottoman
sharing a corner like we do
there is so much to say
but sometimes we don't say it
we sit
we bask
we reflect
like the sun 
as it illuminates the pair of wall hangings
shining like glassy waves rolling into
an idyllic beach

We are together




Write on,
b

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting us into your morning! Loved the line " there is so much to say
    but sometimes we don't say it
    we sit
    we bask
    we reflect"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sitting and talking with my best friend in our corner too. I wish we got to do it basking in each ray's light, rather only after the sun goes down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you many more moments like this. Beautifully written.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a feeling of contentment in this post. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "we are together" - loved the picture you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today the sun was shinning here too! It felt awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really are a poetic, lyrical writer after my own heart. I'm sucked in!
    "melting into a hazelnut leather armchair
    that angles toward its better half
    which cushions my better half "

    Just wow!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear what you are thinking right now, so please take a sec and drop me a line. I'm so glad you stopped by today -- thanks a billion. :)