Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My eighth slice-of-life story...


We've been reading since day one.
Well, before that.
More like ab initio.
     In utero.

Six months ago, Iza Trapani's Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star became a staple.
R recited each line (even the made-up verses) when prompted with the first word.
He sang along.
     In tune.

Tonight, we read Little Polar Bear Take Me Home before bed.
Probably for the 113th time.
It's a big book.
     In pages and in content.

The challenge cloze sentence: Lars laughed with...
Astonishment (with *gasp* sound effects from my little reader).

GEE.
     In caps and in wonder.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a great little reader at your side. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just wonderful to hear about that early reading. What special times to have. I like that you told us the details of the book & the great reaction. Nice to capture that moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You created a delightful scene about you reading with your little one. :) I love the "gasp". Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear what you are thinking right now, so please take a sec and drop me a line. I'm so glad you stopped by today -- thanks a billion. :)