Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pre-NCTE

So, tomorrow, we leave...making the drive to the big city.
Books, laptop, speakers, handouts,
ZIP DRIVE,
the million miscellaneous items
(we think)
we'll need to
present,
attend,
learn.

I'm excited.
I'm nervous.
I'm busy.

Laundry, packing, organizing, (deciding what to wear each day---OK I'll admit it), planning for the meetings I'll host at school tomorrow and the professional development I'll deliver after the conference, cleaning, grading running records, studying school data, (drinking coffee filled more with my favorite peppermint mocha creamer than the dark stuff I'll never become accustomed to), blogging, packing some more, dreaming.

Dreaming of
what I'll learn,
who I'll meet,
and
where we'll go.

The other busyness will take care of itself...

Write on,
b

3 comments:

  1. Best of wishes. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous, so hopefully I can attend vicariously. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Envious me - I'm looking forward to reading about all that you and fellow slicers are thinking about after your experience.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear what you are thinking right now, so please take a sec and drop me a line. I'm so glad you stopped by today -- thanks a billion. :)