Saturday, March 4, 2017

4: Drifting...

A barge makes its way down the winter river that cuts North from South
It drifts, almost unnoticeably 

I breathe in this quiet room perched atop a south-facing cliff
I type, stretched across a sun-drenched bed 

It floats incrementally closer
I dream, What must it be like to be on a barge?  
How far will you travel today?
What's your cargo?

I drift, almost unnoticeably, into topics and territories
A girl trying out new worlds in which to live, write, teach...

Write on,
b

4 comments:

  1. This is so poetic and relaxing and contemplative all at the same time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your choice of so many words that feel peaceful really makes me feel as a reader as if I am drifting with you. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sun drenched anything is my favorite place to be. You brought back memories of a barge trip I took in France years ago. It didn't go very far or very fast, but it was delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Barges, I would like to go with you, I would like to sail the ocean blue.." This slice reminds me of that song, which I sang to my children to inspire them to dream. Your post does that for me.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear what you are thinking right now, so please take a sec and drop me a line. I'm so glad you stopped by today -- thanks a billion. :)