Wednesday, March 29, 2017

29: Heart check...

Tonight I escaped into the laundry room
to fold the finished clothes and transfer the wet load into the dryer
to find a little peace

I opened the washer
"Moooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmy!  Where ARE you?"
Really?
"I'm in the laundry room."

I could hear the elder little's feet 
pad down the stairs and across the wooden floors
until they stopped on the rug beside me
17 seconds.  17 seconds.

"What do you need?"
admittedly sounding more annoyed than charitable




"I just wanted to see if you need any help.  Can I help you?"

{heart check}

"Yes.  Absolutely.  Thank you for thinking of me.  Thank you for being so unselfish and caring to ask.  Your words made my day."


Write on,
b




3 comments:

  1. awe. I know this feeling! Annoyance to absolute love in a heartbeat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic. I love the strikethroughs as craft here. I can feel this and relate so well. Really funny and unexpectedly lighthearted in the mama needs her space dept. Great slice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful to see the lessons we have been trying to instill in our children (trying and trying and trying) come to life like this? Wonderful story! Precious child! Sweet mother, too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear what you are thinking right now, so please take a sec and drop me a line. I'm so glad you stopped by today -- thanks a billion. :)