Monday, March 20, 2017

20: In Common...

I sat
in the running record session
Saturday morning
listening to the speaker talk about coding
how important it is to have a system
that means something
to every person who encounters the 
check marks
appeals
substitutions
omissions
insertions
the M, S, and V

I sang
"Wooden Ships" by Crosby Stills and Nash
in my mind
If you smile at me I will understand
because that is something 
everybody everywhere does in the same
language

I pondered
Do people think smiles are constrictive?  Like codes?
Or, do you find what you seek?

Write on,
b

1 comment:

  1. Are smiles all given the same? I don't think so. There are snarky smiles, condescending smiles, and true joy smiles.
    I do agree that coding should be pretty uniform on running records, but not all teachers see it my way.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear what you are thinking right now, so please take a sec and drop me a line. I'm so glad you stopped by today -- thanks a billion. :)