Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My twenty-fourth slice-of-life story...

Toddler World

I've been caught;
in toddler world.

No baby.
No big boy.

No sink bath.
No shower.

No mystery crying.
No silence.

No stroller.
No walking the whole way.

No complete dependence.
No complete independence.

No crib.
No twin.
Just a new toddler bed.

[And, thanks to this transitional piece, no naps either: three days straight.]

I've been caught;
in toddler world.

So, I guess we'll just bake cookies instead of rest.

 
Write on,
b

4 comments:

  1. Ah-h, these transitions can be painful. My granddaughter is now sort of napping every other day, depending on how many activities they do in the am. I loved your no's, which describe perfectly another 'tween time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank goodness you don't have to live in toddler world forever! It is fun, but also trying. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie!

    I am living the life of baby growing inside of me. The toddler lifestyle scares me a bit, not as much as teenager though.

    You did a great job of describing your life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun slice...I remember this transition. It's a good one. :) Thanks for writing today, Ruth

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I'd love to hear what you are thinking right now, so please take a sec and drop me a line. I'm so glad you stopped by today -- thanks a billion. :)